Business Development Intern
Sunpin Solar Development is a solar investment and development company that focuses on the development, acquisition, and financing of solar photovoltaic projects throughout North America. The Business Development Intern works to achieve portfolio and financial growth for Sunpin Solar Development by identifying, optimizing, negotiating, closing, and then developing new solar project opportunities for the Sunpin development pipeline.
The primary role of the Business Development Intern is to assist in identifying solar photovoltaic project development opportunities. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, a deep understanding of the strategic direction and implications of new technology, an awareness of the company’s competitors, the project development process, and disciplined project management.
– Prospect for potential greenfield and brownfield solar photovoltaic projects, including co-development opportunities
– Develop a deep understanding, and identify the future trends, of the utility, commercial and industrial renewable energy market segments. Seek low cost options on opportunities that position Sunpin to capitalize on these future trends
– Ensure a deep understanding of all project selection criteria including, but not limited to, land availability, land use, permitting requirements, transmission infrastructure, regulatory environment, host utility cooperation, regional and local generation reserve margins, etc.
– Assist with the project management process internal and external to Sunpin to efficiently and effectively focus resources to meet stated project objectives
– Work with the Sunpin team to develop proposals that speaks to our client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
– Support those in the organization responsible energy modeling, site design and layout, pricing, valuations, etc. around assigned the project opportunities
– Seek opportunities to sell or exchange specific projects
MANAGEMENT AND RESEARCH
– Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system
– Forecast project development targets and responsibilities
– Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner
– Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light
– Present project development training and mentoring to project developers and other internal staff
– Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities
– Understand the company’s goal and purpose to continuously enhance the company’s performance
– Passionate and open-minded about the solar industry
– Experience working in the utility industry or demonstrated understanding of the energy transition preferred
– Comfortable in a distributed work environment and have complete command of MS Office
– Self-starter and enjoy working in teams Strong oral and written communication skills