Market Development Specialist
Sunpin Solar Development is a solar investment and development company that focuses on the acquisition, development, and financing of solar photovoltaic projects throughout North America. The Market Development Specialist works to achieve portfolio and financial growth for Sunpin Solar Development by identifying and analyzing new clients and markets.
The primary role of the Market Development Specialist is to support Sunpin development team by participating in conducting market research and analysis concerning the demand for primary solar photovoltaic (PV) cells in Sunpin target markets. They need to analyze secondary market trends associated with new project developments. In addition, they are required to utilize market research methodologies to analyze potential project electrical output, and coordinate between the Sunpin development and marketing teams and project end-buyers. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, a deep understanding of customers’ needs, and awareness of the company’s competitors.
– Support Sunpin development team by participating in conducting market research and analysis concerning the demand for primary solar PV cells in Sunpin target markets
– Analyze secondary market trends associated with new project developments
– Utilize research methodologies to analyze potential project electrical output, and coordinate between development and marketing teams and project end-buyers
– Analyze competitors’ services, tools and tactics relating to Sunpin’s projects
– Research and design the best market positioning for Sunpin’s projects
– Develop market strategies and recommend policies for marketing growth to the management
– Conduct qualitative project research and analysis for both specific project feasibility and market placement for the solar PV utility market
– Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports and present them to the CEO and the rest of the management team
– Participate in pricing the solution/service
– Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion
– Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately Present an image that mirrors that of the client
– Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
– Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs
– Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
– Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
– Master’s or foreign equivalent degree in Business Administration, Environmental Management, Environmental Economics, Sustainability Management or a related field
– Six (6) months of experience coordinating marketing projects and activities
– This position also requires education or experience in: (a) Marketing and strategic management; (b) Conducting market research and competitive analysis; (c) Developing and/or fine-tuning financial models for calculating and forecasting Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Payback Period (PBP), Net Present Value (NPV), and Return on Investment (ROI); (d) Researching and developing effective marketing and sales strategies; and (e) Measuring effectiveness of marketing campaigns.