Business Development Manager
Sunpin Solar Development is a solar investment and development company that focuses on the acquisition, development, and financing of solar photovoltaic projects throughout North America. The Business Development Manager works to achieve portfolio and financial growth for Sunpin Solar Development by identifying, optimizing, negotiating and closing new solar project opportunities for the Sunpin development pipeline.
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to oversee, coordinate and optimize the Sunpin project development process as it relates to building a portfolio of high-quality development opportunities. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, a deep understanding of the strategic direction and implications of new technology, and an awareness of the company’s competitors.
– Prospect for potential greenfield and brownfield solar photovoltaic projects, including co-development opportunities
– Develop a deep understanding, and identify the future trends, of the utility, commercial and industrial renewable energy market segments. Seek low cost options on opportunities that position Sunpin to capitalize on these future trends
– Ensure a deep understanding of all project selection criteria including, but not limited to, land availability, land use, permitting requirements, transmission infrastructure, regulatory environment, host utility cooperation, regional and local generation reserve margins, etc.
– Develop a deep understanding of co-development partners’ interests, needs, and conditions
– Recommend co-development partners and contractual structure to ensure organizational alignment and successful project outcome
– Develop and execute the strategy for negotiation with co-development partners
– Manage the permitting process up to NTP Work with the Sunpin team to develop proposals that speaks to our client’s needs, concerns, and objectives Participate in pricing/valuing the project development opportunity
– Seek opportunities to sell or exchange specific projects
MANAGEMENT AND RESEARCH
– Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate
– Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system
– Forecast project development targets and ensure they are met
– Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets
– Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner
– Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light
– Present project development training and mentoring to project developers and other internal staff
– Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities
– Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance
– A minimum of three to five years’ experience in solar project development is required. Strong leadership skills are essential
– Negotiation, Up to 75% Travel, Electricity Market Knowledge, Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Presentation Skills, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office