Manager, Power Marketing
Sunpin Solar Development is a solar energy development and investment company that focuses on the, development, financing, construction and operation of solar photovoltaic projects throughout North America. The Manager of Power Marketing will lead the origination and marketing efforts for Sunpin’s U.S. solar projects pipeline. The primary role of the Manager of Power Marketing is to identify, solicit, negotiate and execute power purchase agreements (both physical and virtual power purchase agreements – “PPA”s) with large commercial & industrial corporations, electric utilities, cooperatives and municipalities, and power marketers.
– Lead sourcing and integration of new clients in the US solar energy market including Investor – Owned Utility (IOU), Community Choice Aggregator (CCA), and Public Power utility sectors
– Establish channel partnership for new business opportunity referral – Craft bilateral proposals/sales presentation and coordinate RFP responses
– Lead the negotiation and execution of PPA contracts
– Keep tracking regulatory/legislative trends and investigate new market opportunity and assess viability
– Create and maintain a database(s) to track pricing proposals, and market clearing prices of PPAs and system sales
– Attend industry and regulatory conferences to network for project opportunities.
– 5+ years of renewable energy industry experience; 5+ year of PPA negotiation is required
– Deep power sales experience with a track record of 20+ MW renewable energy PPA contracts execution (for a single project or aggregated) preferred
– Full understanding of power markets, ISO/RTO market function, transmission, solar energy incentive programs such as RPS, state-level incentive program, GHG reporting, etc.
– Vertical industry experience (data center, REIT, industrial etc.) preferred; Existing connections with large corporates, utilities, power marketers and power trading desks is a plus
– Independent self-starter who can meet deadlines and deliver quality products with minimal oversight – Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams in Irvine office preferred, but remote working is also feasible
– Willingness and ability to travel
– Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Presentation Skills, Negotiation Skills, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.