Quantitative and Financial Analyst
Sunpin Solar Development is a solar investment and development company that focuses on the acquisition, development, financing and selling of utility-scale solar photovoltaic projects throughout North America.
The primary role of the Quantitative and Financial Analyst is to provide a valuation capability, for the commercial organization, which ensures material value is generated from complex deals that require proprietary models in the electricity and associated sectors. The person must work seamlessly with the business development and origination team to conduct financial due diligence and prepare investment valuations on both Sunpin’s greenfield projects and acquisition opportunities. The role also requires the knowledge and experience in renewable energy capital markets and renewable energy offtake markets throughout the country to evaluate and predict the profitability of project investment opportunities and offtake agreements.
The duties of the Quantitative and Financial Analyst can be summarized as follows:
Work with developers, EPC team, origination and finance team to develop, maintain and update
financial models with appropriate assumptions for all Sunpin’s projects in order to:
– Estimate the IRR and profitability of both greenfield projects and acquisition opportunities for investment decisions Assist in evaluation of RFPs and the impact of proposed contractual terms contractual on project economics, and develop bidding strategy
– Conduct sensitivity analysis to understand how primary assumptions may affect project economics
– Structure and value Purchased Power Agreements for utility, municipal, corporate offtakers
– Value divestiture opportunities
– Develop ad-hoc models as needed to assist the EPC, Origination, and finance team in their efforts.
Develop and maintain an inventory of yield curves.
Create financial Flip Models.
Recommend and defend appropriate model discount rates.
Develop and maintain a process for counterparty credit rating valuation and consideration.
Project Finance Origination and Structuring
– Identify potential project investors within the equity fund and banking communities
– Create and manage virtual data rooms for investors
– Work with senior management team to negotiate and close project financing deals including tax equity, term debt and equity sale.
– Attend client meetings and conferences as needed.
– Proven track record of M&A and financing transactions in renewable energy industry
– 5+years of renewable energy finance experience
– Experience with financial flip models.
– Deep knowledge and connections in renewable energy capital market
– Experience working in a front-office electricity quantitative role at an investment bank, energy
utility, or hedge fund is a plus