Director of Project Development and Acquisition
Sunpin Solar Development is a solar investment and development company that focuses on the acquisition, development, and financing of solar photovoltaic projects throughout North America. The Director of Project Development & Acquisition works to achieve portfolio and financial growth for Sunpin Solar Development by identifying, optimizing, negotiating and closing new solar project opportunities for the Sunpin Development pipeline.
The primary role of the Director of Project Development is to oversee, coordinate and optimize the Sunpin project development process as it relates to building a portfolio of high quality development opportunities. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, a deep understanding of the strategic direction and implications of new technology, and an awareness of the company’s competitors and must have a persuasion ability in working with other companies. This position will report directly to the CEO.
Project Development and Acquisition
- Provide leadership and drive process to prioritize off-take opportunities, develop counter-party relationships, and execute on target origination timelines
- Develop sales strategies and targets to achieve revenue and profitability goals
- Leverage existing industry relationships to drive business development
- Efficiently utilize channels (brokers, associations, conferences, sponsorships, board seats, etc.) to source strategic off-take opportunities.
- Identify projects in utility, commercial and government segments between 40-200 MW’s
- Provide oversight and guidance to regional Developers negotiating contracts for energy, capacity, RECs, hedges and congestion management
- Collaborate with the Finance team on business development efforts with potential financiers
- Lead, manage and create proposal documents and RFI’s/RFP’s and unsolicited proposals
- Manage the team, while providing clarity, guidance, direction, and mentorship across employee levels
- Develop and control project budgets and schedules on multiple projects simultaneously and manage people to complete jobs on schedule
- Originate and assess acquisition opportunities relating to utility-scale PV projects
- Manage the due diligence team to evaluate the opportunities and risks of the projects qualitatively and quantitatively, and present the analysis to senior management
- Lead negotiations with project sellers, investors, brokers and other interested parties
- Develop projects from initial development to construction stages
- BA/BS degree or master’s degree in finance, renewable energy or relevant field
- Proven track record of PV project financial transactions over $10 million or 5+ MW
- Extensive knowledge of solar incentives, permitting, interconnection, state and federal regulations, and other issues that impact the development of utility-scale PV projects
- 5+ years of experience in utility scale PV project development and acquisition
Highly competitive salary based on qualifications and experience, plus commission and benefits.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com